Sunday, April 10, 2011

Last time you had to apologize to someone.

So this time I've honestly been holding off because I couldn't remember the last time I had to apologise for anything that was worth posting about... and then the other day my husband got pretty upset with me because he felt I was being overly critical for an extended period of time.  I can sometimes be guilty of this, because he is such a dreamer, I feel it's my responsibility to bring him back down to reality, but I've been known to do so a little too often at times, which can then be taken (and fairly so) as just being plain negative.  It's never my intention, and I'm always relieved when he actually calls me on it (he hates confrontation and it can be like pulling teeth to get him to tell me what's bugging him sometimes) so that I can correct myself.  So the other night I found myself apologising sincerely for making him feel so bummed out because I was being way too critical and not giving him enough room to dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment