Monday, November 22, 2010

Thankfulness pt drie

Today is a dreary, dreary day in Detroit.  It's wet and grey and I don't like it.  I'm already sleepy and this weather just makes me want to crawl right back into bed and stay there the rest of the day!

Instead, I am choosing to be productive!  Today I am thankful for my love and (if I may say so) talent for cooking.  Days like today are also excellent comfort food days, which means I'm seriously considering hitting up the grocery store and trying out one of my new soup recipes that I just discovered...  cooking is very therapeutic for me.  I love being in the kitchen and smelling the smells, tasting the ingredients as they go in and come together in a beautiful meal, and I love the joy it brings to those who eat it.  My husband and I have been trying to get into healthier eating habits and so it poses a challenge to me when I'm cooking to make better choices when I plan out the meal, or decide whether or not to add more salt or butter or what have you.  It's also reawakened my love of veggies... I just wish we could find a good local farmer's market or something rather than having to spend a ton of money at a gourmet grocery store for nutritious and fresh produce!

1 comment:

  1. find the a CSA - and you'll have veggies galour, they will be seasonal ones but a the tasty things you can make from them. mmmmmmmm mmmm

    ReplyDelete