Saturday, November 20, 2010

Thankfulness

So those of you who know me know that when it comes to Thanksgiving, I'm not generally a fan.  Thanksgiving in my family has never been a huge thing, sure we do the meal and dress up, but my thanksgivings usually held more frustration and boredom than cozy happy memories, so in general, I'm more of a Chandler when it comes to the day of the turkey.

This year I'm trying to make it better, even though I probably won't see my husband most of the day since he'll be setting up and tearing down the local parade downtown, so instead I'll be at my aunts most likely eating and trying to avoid being sucked into getting my butt beat sorely by my younger cousin on the Wii.

In an effort to show that I'm growing as a person, I'm going to try and post a daily entry from now until thanksgiving reflecting on the purpose behind the holiday and what I can be thankful for in my own life.

So today, I am thankful for my wonderful husband.  He has been a real support for me during my tumultuous past months, and I really truly enjoy his company.  He's been sick the last few days, but not so sick that he isn't bored out of his mind, so we've spent a lot of time together with me trying to keep him entertained.  He loved my 30 second pantomime of Macbeth start to finish, we read Paul McCartney's High in the Clouds together, and today I played my guitar (first time in years!) while he told me which chords came next for Rachel's Song.  I'm thankful that I have him in my life, and my love for him grows daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment