Monday, August 3, 2009

Photo of the day - An Introduction

Meet Smudge! She is the newest addition to our family, since after 4 months of searching, it doesn't appear Fowler and Herman are coming back to us... :o(

I used some of my birthday money this year to adopt Smudge (10 weeks in this photo, day I brought her home). Jared and I went to the Michigan Humane Society, "just to look" and inevitably I fell in love and couldn't leave without her. She is the most precious kitten in the world and has a huge personality (as do most van Rossum kitties...!) She is so soft and full of life. When I brought her home she had piercing blue eyes, but they are starting to turn green so we'll see what happens there. She had been dropped off at the home of one of the MHS staffers and was not doing so well... she had fleas, earmites and an upper respiratory infection. Now she's doing very very well, and has almost kicked the upper respiratory entirely (fleas and earmites are all gone too!) She has doubled in size in the 3 weeks that we've had her and loves dogs. She and Micah have great fun chasing each other around, and she and Chloe (my fiance's very high-maintenance Weimeriner) actually get along great too! Zieltje (the matron of the house) has adapted very well to her, and tolerates her most of the time, though she doesn't hesitate to beat the crap out of Smudge when she's had enough of the kitten energy, which is kinda funny to watch. Anyhow she's so freaking cute I just had to post this pic and introduce y'all to her! (I can't take credit for her name, her foster mom named her, but it was so perfect I had to keep it this time!)

For more Smudge photos, click here!

2 comments: