Wednesday, January 19, 2011

annoyances

well I just had my very first day in court.  it was crappy.  Back in December I received a ticket which was considered "impeding traffic" for parking crooked in a parking space... WITHIN THE PAINTED LINES.  Granted, it was not the most beautiful park job in the world, I was crooked in the space, but I was IN THE SPACE.  When I called to find out how much the fine was for, they told me $55 because it was impeding traffic.  I immediately requested a court date, because I was WITHIN THE PAINTED LINES...!!!!  The judge was willing to reduce the fine to $30 but wouldn't let me off completely because the officer stated he had to change lanes in order to get around the vehicle.  I do not think the officer lied, I fully believe he changed lanes.  I know factually it was not necessary to do so in order to avoid hitting my car.  Ridiculous.

No real point to this post other than to vent, because I need to move past it so I can focus on my stupid paper that's due tomorrow... I've finished reading ONE of our 20 reading assignments and the paper calls for focus on 5... meaning I still have a whole lot of reading to do before I can even start writing.  Grrrrrr...

ok, time to purge and restart.

1 comment:

  1. I got a ticket a couple years ago for speeding, when I was sandwiched between two cars. The cop actually told me that the car in front of me wasn't speeding, nor was the one behind me, but yet somehow I was. The ticket was in Farmington Hills, where I happened to have a good friend who was working as a clerk for a judge and she got my ticket to be heard in front of her judge. The cop had another hearing and was about half hour late to my haering, and the judge was going to toss out the ticket for me (woo hoo!) but as protocol, they had to make efforts to find the cop to have him show up for the hearing or something like that. They found the guy and he couldn't come to the courtroom because of the other hearing, but he refused to agree to having the judge throw out the ticket . (Jerkface!) Ended up with no points on my license (which I suppose is the most important thing) but I had pay a fine. On the one hand, glad for friends in important place, but on the other, not pleased about how the situation ended up.

    ReplyDelete