Saturday, January 15, 2011

Sick Days

Yesterday and today were sick days for me (which is usually made easier by being unemployed...).  On the down side, I've felt like crap and had to cancel some really fun plans I had for the weekend, including a really big gig Austin had last night down in Battle Creek that I'd been looking forward to all month.  Also an IKEA trip with JennJenn today that I've been wanting to do since like October.  On the plus side, I've gotten a lot of sleep, quite a bit of homework done, lots of kitty snuggle time (with all three kitties!) and almost caught up on my letter writing project; Mission 2001: 365 Letters.

Austin finally made it home this afternoon and we've been watching movies ever since.  We started with A Mighty Wind - a treat I got us when I found a used copy on Amazon for (wait for it...) $0.11... I KNOW!!  Now we're rounding the bend on Star Wars: Episode IV.  This one takes me back... I watched Star Wars so many times growing up - eternal classics, I'm so glad to finally own a set!!

Poor Austin has to go to work tonight at 01.30... I hope it won't be too long of a job for him.  I can't believe how late it feels right now (only 19.00 as I write this).  We have to keep our blinds closed most of the time to help keep the cold air out (our windows are nearly prehistoric!) so it always feels darker than it is anyway.  Add onto that the fact that I've been in my pjs and on the couch all day, and I feel like it should be almost midnight.

I'm hoping to be feeling better by tomorrow... a good friend of mine from high school is getting married and tomorrow is her bridal shower.  I really don't want to have to scrap the entire weekend so I'm really hoping to make it to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment