Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Simon Says...

"get me the *(^##&^@ out of here!!!!"

Yep, Simon got a bath today, and I am sure paying for it.  Everything was fine until he went in the litter box... I don't know what he ate that made this such an incredible mess, but he came out stinking so bad it triggered my gag reflex, and then plopped his little body down in the middle of the kitchen floor to try and clean himself off.  Gross on more levels than I care to explore... so I thought the sink might be the least intimidating for him... after he nearly clawed all of the skin off my right palm I decided screw the sink, too many ways out.  I threw him in the tub (empty!) and closed the door (the only time I've been thankful for a door on our tub instead of a curtain!) while I tried to undo the damage in the kitchen.  I then found the one old rag we have and shampooed it up, knowing that I stood a better chance of rubbing him down with a rag than with my hand and a squeeze bottle of shampoo... at least there would be a layer between his claws and my skin...

I pray to god I got the worst of it out of his fur because I will not be making a second attempt today, that's for sure!  Poor kitty was traumatised, as were the other two who came running the second I opened the bathroom door - presumably to recover the body of their fallen brother.

I've stopped bleeding, but the apartment still stinks, and Simon keeps giving me the death stare.  I'm still not sure he's clean, but he's at least cleaner than before we started this mess.  *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment