Monday, January 10, 2011

Kitty Love

For those of you who haven't heard the news yet, Austin & I adopted two ADORABLE kittens last week!  We went to the Humane Society with the intent of adopting one playmate for Smudge who has been terribly lonely since we moved her into the apartment with us (she's used to sharing a home with four adults another cat and a golden retriever!)  When we arrived we were instantly drawn to this playful stripey kitten named Jude (we kept his name), but he was in a kennel with another little kitten... a black fluffy thing who is now named Simon (the name they gave him was dumb so we changed it)  Austin didn't like the idea of separating brothers, so when I suggested we look at some of the other kitties there, he asked "why don't we just get them both?"  First I felt his forehead for a fever, then I asked him to repeat himself, then I asked if he was serious.  For a man who has resisted and resisted me on getting another cat, he was now suggesting we adopt two!  Needless to say, we are now a 3 cat home... and I'm thrilled :o)  Simon & Jude are so much fun to watch and snuggle with, and Smudge is actually almost getting along with them already!  It's been one of the smoothest critter transitions I've ever witnessed, I'm so excited by it!  The boys go to the vet this afternoon for their first post-adoption check up, and I'm glad for it as they've been sneezing a LOT and I think they may have picked up upper respiratory infections at the Humane Society (very common in kennel situations) I just want to get it under control before Smudge picks it up too!
 Momma Catz - Smudge!
the babies... Jude (bottom) and Simon (top)

2 comments: