Thursday, June 25, 2009

Photo of the day - A Tribute

Dear Readers, today's photo is a tribute not specifically to GM, or to the auto industry, but to Detroit... this just happens to be the most iconic Detroit photo I have in my folders right now... I understand that things are rough all over right now, but it feels like Detroit is really crumbling. It's hard to watch the people around me lose jobs, fall further and further into holes due to lost income, lost medical coverage, and lost hope... People lucky enough to still have jobs are mostly waiting for the notice to come that they're being cut as well, and no one has any money left to invest in the new industries that are trying to grow in our area (alternative energies, film, etc).

When I moved to Detroit in 1997 I was pissed and sad and resented it with every fiber of my being (come on I was 14). I wanted nothing to do with the city or even the entire state of MI... but it's really become home for me, and today I am proud to be here and love the city... I'm sad to see it in such rough shape and keep trying to do my part to make it better... so basically my point is this: don't give up on Detroit yet, and hang in there Detroiters... things have to get better sooner or later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment