Sunday, June 7, 2009

Photo of the day


I inherited my grandmothers' love of butterflies... I took this photo in the butterfly house at the Detroit Zoo a couple of summers ago. I was having a crappy day and needed a pick-me-up so I grabbed my camera and headed to the zoo... I actually got a discounted rate because I got there about 20 minutes before closing time, but I spent the whole time in the butterfly house and it was exactly what I had needed... a great way to relax, breathe again and really enjoyed myself! I must have taken 50 shots of this particular butterfly trying to catch him with his wings just starting to open like this... I actually ended up with a bunch that were either totally closed (no blue showing at all) or flat open so it looked like it was dead just sitting there on the ground... finally got this one though and was very pleased with the results! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment