Monday, June 8, 2009

Wedding Updates

So Austin and I have started some of the planning for the wedding and are pretty excited about it... we're hoping to have (at the very least) the ceremony at the Royal Park in the conservatory because we've both spent so much time there and love that room oh so very very much... it's the only location we've really been able to both say "yeah, that has meaning" so far. We'll be meeting with them this week to see if it's within our budget or not, if not it'll be time to come up with a plan B but with my incredibly long standing relationship with most of their sales and management team I'm hoping we can work something really great out!

We're also hoping to have a really great home-cooked meal for the dinner piece... we're talkin' multiple grills being fired up and everyone just kickin' back and enjoying some quality food and each others' company... we haven't solidified that decision yet, but if we do absolutely decide that I can't wait to ask the team we have in mind, coz I think it'll be a total blast to have them in the kitchen backin' us that day :o)

We're on the fence on some of the lesser decisions like music and ceremony details (though we did make one decision about the ceremony, yay!) but hopefully by this time next week we'll have a location locked down and we can start working all out on the guest list and other pieces. I have someone in mind that I would like to ask to head up our decorating campaign and can't wait to make the final decision on locale because she will make it look oh so amazing (I haven't asked her even to consider it yet so until then she will remain nameless).

The coolest part for me so far is discovering just how in sync Austin and I really are... so far on any of the major decisions any idea he or I have come up with the other has been in nearly perfect agreement... I knew we were well paired and very compatible before this (obviously or we wouldn't be getting married!) but it's just cool to see that our values really are extremely similar and we are both having fun with the planning!

If anyone has any cool ideas, especially ones that are eco-friendly, please feel free to post comments or send them to me in an email... we're open to many suggestions... especially pertaining to the ceremony at this point... we are very anti-cookie cutter on most events, so we're wanting to come up with creative ideas that really express our personalities (laid back, fun loving, socially and environmentally conscious, stress free - as much as possible! and creative... I mean come on, we're both artists!)

For my photo of the day followers, here's one to go with the theme of today's post :o)


I took this photo at our friends Airen & Tim's wedding a couple of years ago. They had it up in the mountains in Asheville, NC at a place where they go every year with their bike group (as in motorcycles). It was one of the most casual and simple weddings I'd ever been to (in a good way!) honest to goodness backyard wedding with a small boombox for music, a friend liscenced online to perform the ceremony, and a bring your own meat BBQ afterward! We had so much fun that weekend driving down there and back, and I got some great photos for my portfolio at the same time (yes, Airen picked her bouquet herself off the side of the road, how cool is that?)

1 comment:

  1. been so preoccupied with life that I missed a few updates. This sounds like a wonderful plan. The Park Hotel and Conservatory looks beautiful. I have alot of eco-conscious friends. I'll post and see if anyone has any cool idea's. Can't wait to read more details.

    ReplyDelete