Thursday, March 3, 2011

Best Christmas present you ever got.

This one is a toughie, because I have friends and family who are quite simply AWESOME gift givers!  I think one of the very best Christmas presents I ever got was a ring my parents bought me several years ago.  I had just ended a very serious relationship and was struggling.  They bought me a ring that was a custom piece meant to be a mini replica of an anniversary ring my father had given my mother.  As a young teenager I had often asked to see that ring, and put it on my own hand (even though it was too big for my finger) and counted the stones and just admired it.  When they got me the ring, they told me is was meant to be a reminder of how much my family loves me, even when I'm hurting.  It meant so much to me.  I go in phases wearing it, often times wearing it for months on end, then leaving it in the jewelry box for months before putting it back on, but whenever I do, I'm reminded of that love and support, and it always gives me a really great feeling inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment