Saturday, March 26, 2011

European Nostalgia

This post is not a part of the "post-a-day" list.  I follow another blog that occasionally posts these great playlists.  I loved the idea but couldn't for the life of me figure out how to do it.  Tonight on my way home from school a remix of an old No Mercy song came on the radio and I just about flipped out.  I was instantly transported through space and time to a McDonalds' drive thru in Rotterdam where my friend Joey and I were ordering Big Mac meals in order to get a free No Mercy single of their newest hit.  (remember when bands released singles AND we bought them on discs?!)


As soon as the song ended I had to bust out my phone and start YouTubing other songs (at stop signs and red lights of course) to play over and over again until I got home.  There was no option, I had to figure out how to post a freaking playlist.  And I did.  Now I bring you, Rachel's Euro-Nostalgia playlist... a collection of my all time favourite artists and songs from my time in the Netherlands.  I was also a huge Backstreet Boys fan at the time, but I tried to restrict the list to European bands or bands that never ever made it in the US.


You may think it's lame, you may hate every song on it, you probably won't be able to understand all of them (the beauty of Euro-playlists is any language goes!) but it is super meaningful to me, and at this exact moment in my life, it is beyond exactly what I needed.  So enjoy some exposure to MY culture!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment