Monday, March 9, 2009

Photo of the day

Ok so this photo has nothing really to do with my mad skills, photo composition, technique, or any such fancy thing. I chose this photo because it makes me smile. I have finally begun the overwhelming task of completely reorganizing and backing up my photo archives (if you are not already familiar with the very specific reason for this ie my entire collection being "temporarily misplaced to Jakarta by Northwest"... ask me sometime... now that I have them back it's a much funnier story, and I am able to tell it without having heart palpatations...) and in doing so I have rediscovered some real gems... like this one.

I love my little brother to death, he is someone who will always always always be able to make me laugh. The boy is a complete cartoon when he isn't cranky ;o) This photo was taken in my aunt and uncle's backyard in Ontario last year Memorial Day weekend. Jared and I are both half fish, so it was great to be able to take advantage of a pool again. Jared has always been a fan of making the biggest possible splash when entering the water, especially if I am anywhere nearby. He *has* learned, however that this rule must ALWAYS be broken when I am nearby and holding my camera. He understands that getting my camera wet is an absolute death sentence. :o)

Actually whenever I have an immediate crisis, Jared is one of the first people to find a way to make it better. Back in 2006 we took a family trip back to Europe and spent a day in Brussels where I had taken probably 200 photos (Brussels is one of my favourite cities in the world). When we got back to Hetty & Herman's I immediately went to download my photos to discover that the card was empty. Mass panic ensued as did an ocean's worth of tears, and my brother spent the next 3-4 hours scouring the internet to find a way to recover almost all of the photos from my myseteriously cleared card. That is one of the many reasons he is my hero.

And so, dear readers (if I even have any... lol), today's photo gives you not only a fun little snapshot, but some insight into the absolutel love I have for my baby brother :o) If you have a sibling, go hug them now.

No comments:

Post a Comment