Friday, February 18, 2011

Last book you read.

The last book I read was The Girl Who Played With Fire by Stieg Larsson.  As a rule, I am skeptical of "overnight bestsellers" but a few of my friends talked me into reading The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, and I became obsessed with the characters.  When I was reading The Girl Who Played With Fire, I would find excuses to take 2 hour long bubble baths so I could read uninterrupted.  My husband would keep peeking in to make sure I was ok because I don't normally get to take baths and they certainly never last that long... I would actually have to rerun the water partway through so it'd be hot again :o)

I also discovered the Swedish movies based on the books, and was oddly disturbed to discover that I can somehow actually follow Swedish fairly well without reading the subtitles.  It was a very trippy experience.  I'm now halfway through The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, and looking for opportunities to justify those 2 hour baths again :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment