Friday, February 18, 2011

Something you refuse to do

I have been considering this one all day.  I've struggled with it because I don't tend to believe in absolutes.  There are often times we may think we would never do something, and the circumstances change and there we are, doing exactly what we thought we would never do.  When it comes to refusals... I find it difficult to pinpoint something because my crazy head will almost always come up with some insane scenario where that wouldn't necessarily be true.

That being said, I think the one thing that I feel comfortable saying invariably that I now and forever will refuse to do, is to intentionally put someone I love in harm's way.  This means anything from emotional to psychological to physical harm.  I tend to be a bit of a martyr when it comes to protecting those I love... often times to my own detriment, but I absolutely go out of my way to prevent my loved ones from being harmed.  I honestly believe if someone were pointing a gun at someone I cared about, I would jump in front of it (I hope that is never tested, but it's 100% how I feel).  This probably is not a healthy thing, and probably has some deep and twisted interpretation on my self-worth, if I'm willing to die for anyone I care about... but it's who I am, and how I view the world.  When I love, I love all the way, and I don't want to see anyone I love hurting.

No comments:

Post a Comment