Monday, February 21, 2011

Talent you wish you had.

On a normal weekend, I'm sure I would have a different answer to this question, though on a normal weekend I'm not sure what that different answer would have been.  This weekend however, was not a normal weekend for me.  If I could have hand picked a talent to have this weekend, it would have been the talent of bending the will of any computer to my own.  I had so many technological issues this weekend... all induced by lack of time to properly set up my new hard drive, and working on a client project with a file nearing half a gig in size, which meant even the simplest action took about 35 minutes to complete.  I ended up canceling plans I had, skipping errands I meant to run, and barely managing to feed myself because I was so absorbed in the computer.

I consider myself to be an above average computer user (my brother is an IT God and would never allow me to wallow in mediocrity... by his standards of course) but some things simply can't be helped by normal IT standards... hence the wishing I had the talent to simply dominate the computer with the power of my mind.  :o)  On the bright side, nothing is broken, and this week should give me time to work on reloading all of my normal programs and files onto the new drive... thereby preventing weekends like this from happening... at least for a very long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment