Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Your Work Space

I am unemployed.  My husband would argue that I'm self employed, but that's only true sometimes, and it's not enough to pay the bills, and I'm on unemployment, so I'm unemployed with occasional bouts of self-employment :o)

I'm also a grad student.  Which means I'm poor, I'm often up to my ears in reading and/or writing, and as a result can be very distracted at times.  Our apartment has a really great office in it, we painted it all pretty and everything.  I have a great desk and an awesome tech setup.  And yet this is my work space.  At least right now.  The office I share with my husband more frequently acts as our "crap we need to get out of sight but don't have time to find a real place for yet" room.  As a result, the door is often closed, and I always have to move at least 3 things out of the way to get at whatever I printed (my brother is an IT god so our apartment is also almost entirely wireless.  I am so spoiled)  Last week I was up to my eyeballs in a research paper for my last class (I only have one class per month, and it's an all weekend affair... like the reserves!)  I was struggling with getting my thoughts focused on this thing, so this is what my husband came home to that day from work... I had completely taken over the dining space... table, floor and walls... flip charts, class handouts, inspirational quotes, the whole shebang.  It was crazy.

Maybe I should make a goal of being able to repost this topic in a month, with a photo of our office back in functioning order!! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment