Sunday, February 13, 2011

Swing Low Sweet Charriot

This song used to blaze through my mind regularly, and it's been a loooong time since I've heard it in my head.  Today I opened the blog thinking "I haven't posted in a bit, I should post something" and there was the line.

It's been a crazy week... my poor husband is seeing a side of me neither of us would have expected he would... I've been in paper-writing mode.  In September (the weekend before our wedding, mind you) I started back to school.  I am in a Masters' program which meets one weekend a month.  The structure works great for my schedule, but is also a challenge as it means we have about 2 weeks to complete all of our reading, pre-work and post-work.  It's intense.  This class' assignment was really giving me writers' block (never pretty) and I was soooo stressed out!  I've completely monopolised all floor and wall space in our living area in the apartment, meaning he basically can access one armchair and footstool if he wants to sit in there and do anything.  He finally cleared off the couch so he could watch tv if he wants, but other than that, I've taken over.  He's also had a few days off work in this time frame, meaning I've become pretty irritable since he's home trying to stay out of my way while still being bored and wanting to chat or hang out or go do something with me... something I've had no time for. Needless to say I've snapped at him a few times, and have certainly let more than a couple sarcastic retorts slide out of my mouth.  He's been a trooper though, and since the paper is due tomorrow, this too shall pass.  Until next month.

It has been nice these past few days, however, as I've been in the "editing & feedback" part of my paper which means I sit back and wait for responses from my friends who are reading it for me, and I've had a little time to reclaim my sanity.  My dad's been a dear and let me borrow his car this weekend, meaning I have been able to LEAVE THE APARTMENT!!! and run some errands as I felt like it.  In fact, after posting this, I'll be heading out to get a few errands taken care of before Austin gets home from work (he was supposed to work at 2.30 today.  He got there only to be informed they didn't need him after all and why doesn't he come back tomorrow morning instead.  Would be awesome if it wasn't a 45 min drive each way... we were both a little annoyed, gas is expensive!)

Well I guess I don't have a whole lot to say really, just felt like reaching out into cyberspace to see what's up with everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment