Thursday, February 24, 2011

Something that makes you sad.

I wish I had something really profound to share for this topic, but the one thing that jumps to mind instantly is quite simply the loss of my Uncle Jim last August.  I have posted and re-posted the Tribute I wrote to him after his death, and I read it probably almost once a week still.  I write to his widow every month, I miss him terribly.  I have lost 3 of my grandparents in my life so far, and Uncle Jim's seems to outweigh them all (not that I didn't love my grandparents, I've just been much closer to Uncle Jim growing up).  Knowing that I'll never get to hug him again, sit down and have a great religious or philosophical discussion with him, or watch Aunt Pat roll her eyes at his bout of silliness breaks my heart over and over.  I'm making my peace with his death, but it still makes me so sad.  I miss him.

No comments:

Post a Comment