Wednesday, February 10, 2010

2 Things Challenge: Safe/Passage

I'm bummed I didn't get around to the last challenge coz I had a really cool idea for it but just didn't make the time to set up the shot.  Instead I'm jumping on board with this week's theme.  I shot this photo several years ago from the dock of Portofino's, a restaurant Austin had been playing at for the summer.  It was hilarious, I'd never seen anything like it.  These people had converted an old car frame into a boat.  Anyway, thought it'd be a fun one to share for this week's challenge... enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. wow....this is so cool! Who woulda thought?....a safe ride across the water in a car. Great shot for this weeks challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never seen anything like it. Interesting the things people come up with and have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems like I remember a car similar to this that was designed for this purpose exactly. I just Googled it and it was called the Amphicar. There's a whole following. Check out this site, http://www.amphicars.com. I've never seen one in person, but I'm old enough to remember seeing ads in magazines. Great entry.

    ReplyDelete