Thursday, February 11, 2010

Photo of the Day: Nostalgia

I'm not sure why but the last two days I have been suffering some serious homesickness interspersed with extreme bouts of nostalgia for the time we lived in Rotterdam.  Hence today's photo.  This is a shot of the Erasmus bridge in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.  I took it on my last trip there in 2008 with Austin.  It was an incredible trip.  This bridge represents a lot for me as we were living there when the bridge was being built and were among the first people to drive across it upon completion.  It was one of the things that was kind of surreal when I came back because it's become such a symbol of the city, and I lived there during a time when it didn't even exist.  Yet when we were there it looked exactly the way I remembered it.  Austin and I walked across it on our trip and this shot was taken from underneath.  It's a beautiful bridge and brings back some really great feelings for me, so I hope you all enjoy it!

2 comments:

  1. me too, I miss Rotterdam alot lately. So I have taken to following this blog - it's photo's of Rotterdam http://rotterdamdailyphoto.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the tip Mary I checked it out and am now following it too!

    ReplyDelete