Saturday, February 20, 2010

Photo of the Day: Butterfly Ball

Tonight I will be attending a fundraiser called the Butterfly Ball (hence today's photo) to benefit "Befriend EB", a local nonprofit organisation dedicated to helping families and children who suffer from Epidemolysis Bullosa (EB).  EB is a disease that is basically having the majority of your body covered in extremely painful blisters.  I became aware of Befriend EB through the Troy Chamber of Commerce, and when I found out about their fundraiser, I donated 2 prize packages for their silent auction.  I'm excited to be attending the event as well, with Austin, and getting to meet the staff as well as the prize winners (they will win a family portrait sitting with me).  I love being able to use my own talents to help others, and this way I can help 2 families create a beautiful memory, while their donations will help many children suffering terrible pain to find some relief.  If you are aware of other organisations that could use donations, I am always looking for new ways to help, so please feel free to send them my way!

1 comment:

  1. :oD you are an amazing woman!!! I am proud to call you our friend and Natalee's godmother.

    ReplyDelete